Re: is it possible to install bullseye by copy whole disk?

On 1/22/22, lou <loushanguan2015@sina.com> wrote:
> i've installed bullseye on usb disk
>
> can i copy it to hard disk (sda2) and make necessary change in
> /etc/fstab and
>
> then update grub of usb disk to boot sda2?

There's also "update-initramfs -u" that can be run in between
/etc/fstab and one's boot manager (LILO, GRUB, etc). That's when my
best successes grab hold.

That may be false hope on my part, but I've always figured it poked
around and verified that everything matched up properly for booting.
With any luck, it might warn about something that's missing if one
keeps encountering an unbootable system....

Or not.... :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey