Re: Usenet access.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:09:27 -0800
peter@easthope.ca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest an alternative to Google Groups for access to
> sci.electronics.repair.  I'd be happy to pay a small subscription for
> access without tedious complications.

Depends on usage. Note the paid subscriptions often do a data block
plan which they may not advertise prominently. I use about one 10GB
block a year:

https://www.tweaknews.eu/en/usenet-plans

I did use NewsDemon, with which I was very happy, until one day it just
stopped working with my setup and I was unable to restore a connection.

https://www.newsdemon.com/usenet-access

Note that some block plans expire after a time limit.

--
Joe