Re: Just curious if there's anybody out there still using LXDE?

On 1/17/22 04:15, franiortiz wrote:
On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 05:46:57PM +0900, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:

On 1/16/22 05:45, c. marlow wrote:
Are there any LXDE users STILL out there?

Today, I have been having this discussion on Debian's Reddit about LXDE
and it's future.

Even though LXDE is DEAD when it comes to development and adding new
features, I just learned today that LXDE just got a update for
LXterminal just a month or so ago. So LXDE is still getting small bug
fixes from time to time.

I have LXDE installed on a separate user... Meaning I created a new
account and then installed LXDE from that account. So my CHRIS account
is strictly used with GNOME and the LXDE account is strictly used for
LXDE.

Yep, here other user on lxde since a lot years
Lxde is better-lighter desktop for newbie user and old pc
I hope that lxde continue in repo for a lot  time.

LXDE clearly declining in popularity since 2018 peak:

https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=lxde-metapackages

Compare, for example to xfce4:

https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=xfce4

Regards,