Re: imagemagick policy setting

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:29:39PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> local10 wrote:
>
> > Those who suggest that you use google are not your friends. You can start
> > here:
> >
> > 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Google
> >
> > 2. https://nomoregoogle.com/
> >

> Oh come on, it is a synonym for a search engine. Of course it is a sh*t
> business model they have towards customers/users, but the search engine is
> really good.
> I've tried duckduckgo for some time, but it is not comparable and it is also
> understandable. I agree it would be better we use alternatives, but in
> terms of quality, there are none.

We have had this discussion already. The way you put it in absolute
terms is simply wrong.

Google has much more context on your query, because they track you.
You'll have to learn to provide DDG with that missing context, then the
results are comparable. You get to learn a bit about search in the
process :-)

I've actually switched from Google to DDG (roughly six years ago). From
time to time (about twice a year) I still resort to Google, especially
when I don't understand why I'm not getting results I expect.

Cheers