Re: Just curious if there's anybody out there still using LXDE?

On Sun, 2022-01-16 at 22:11 +0000, piorunz wrote:
> On 16/01/2022 17:33, c. marlow wrote:
> > I got telegram to show up in the Start menu and launch.
> >
> > But where are the icon's stored for snaps? Right now the icon for
> > Telegram is like a purple box with a cog on it?
>
> Using DE which won't let you graphically edit menu items...
>
> Imagine not needing to create, edit and customize configuration files to
> have messenger icon in your graphical interface menu (LOL). Instead, you
> have to dig internet and ask usergroups for advice. Sounds like
> technology from 30 years ago, no?

It does seem an oversight in the UI that you can edit the name,
command, working directory, tool tip but not the icon. Does your UI let
you simply change the icon of a menu or desktop entry? (Assuming the UI
has similar.)

Anyway, I prefer much prefer this technology than UIs that seem to want
to move, hide and remove things.

--
Tixy