Re: Instalacja Debian8 błąd w Release

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 01:48:39PM +0000, piorunz wrote:
> On 15/01/2022 13:32, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 01:28:16PM +0000, piorunz wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > But IMHO, burden of keeping all archaeological versions of Debian
> > > shouldn't be on Debian Project. There are many volunteers with server
> > > storage and bandwidth, they could keep it online, as torrents, etc.
> >
> > I don't understand: are you arguing for Debian to close its archive [1]?
> >
> > Because Debian /is/ providing access to its historical releases. Do you
> > think it should not?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > [1] http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/
>
> I didn't say that Debian should close the archive. But maybe people
> should help with seeding ISO files. I entered random release on archive
> page, and I can see that torrents are not available. I don't know why,
> that would help reduce costs to Debian. Unless Archive is already hosted
> by contributor/volunteer company? That would be great.
>
> Also, in the archive you have only Debian releases from 3 onwards. Older
> releases are not available.
>
> And lastly, Debian archive nowhere says and/or guarantees that files
> will be kept there forever.
>
> --
> With kindest regards, Piotr.
>
> ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
> ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
> ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/
> ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀

Somewhere around there exist CD releases for 1.2 and 1.3 but they're on
physical media and no-one has uploaded them yet .. :(

There's also the problem that the oldest media may now be unstable
and there may not be that many copies around.

Debian 1.3, for example is one CD of source, one of i386 binaries - I think.

Debian 1.2 was similar but smaller in numbers of packages.

I've had all of these at one point or another but passed physical copies
to someone else - I can ask if they can upload them :)

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater