Re: restructure folders

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:26:55AM +0100, sp007@caiway.net wrote:
> > > I want to extract all man pages and all docs from all packages. I do
> > > not want to install the packages. Then make nice search interfaces
> > > with dwww and recoll.

First of all, this already exists:

https://manpages.debian.org/

Second, you need to understand that two or more packages may contain
different implementations of the same command, with the same name, and
the same named man page.  Even if you bypass the package installation and
just operate on the raw files, package A may contain the same pathname
as package B, and so one of them is going to overwrite the other.

That's why manpages.d.o has the package name in the URIs that it
generates.  E.g. if you look up the man page for "parallel", you may
get <https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/parallel/parallel.1.en.html>
which is the page for parallel(1) from the parallel package, or you may
end up at <https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/moreutils/parallel.1.en.html>
which is the page for parallel(1) from the moreutils package.

So, if you're reinventing manpages.d.o for fun, make sure you take that
into account.