Re: Firefox insists to be default !?

On 13/1/22 3:52 am, Miroslav Skoric wrote:
Hi all,

After the recent upgrade of Firefox (and Thunderbird) in oldoldstable (Mate desktop), Firefox always asks me to be default browser, even though I have set it as default in Mate's default applications, and respond to that asking by click on 'dont ask me again'.

Furthermore, Thunderbird is also set as a default email client. However, if I click on a weblink in Thunderbird mail, another Thunderbird session opens (instead opening Firefox). And when I close both software, and return to Mate control panel to check again for default applications ... voila ... Thunderbird seems as magically selected for both mail client and web browser there!

How to prevent that misbehaviour? All worked well with previous versions of Firefox and Thunderbird. What went wrong with new versions?

Misko

Perhaps you might be interested in subscribing to, and, posting to, the firefox mailing list, and/or the mozilla mailing list, at
https://groups.io/g/firefox-support
and
https://groups.io/g/mozilla
respectively.

Out of interest, with the firefox issue, I have had the same problem on my cellphone firefox installation, so, it appears to be a problem not limited to Debian installations of firefox.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale