Re: odd question re man pages

On 2022-01-07, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> Did you try Shift + Right-click and select "Open Link" or some such in
> your terminal?  That is what works for me in Gnome Terminal.

This is what works for me in gnome-terminal:

 URL detection[edit]
 GNOME Terminal parses the output and automatically detects snippets of
 text that appear to be URLs or email addresses.[2] When a user points
 to a URL, the text is automatically underlined, indicating that the
 user may click. Upon clicking, the appropriate application will open to
 access that resource.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Terminal

Of course, the phrase "the appropriate application will open" is kind of a mixture
of wishful thinking and convenient simplification, though it should
normally be your default browser.