Re: odd question re man pages

On Friday, January 7, 2022 5:21:03 AM EST David wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 at 21:01, gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > debian 11.1, 64 bit net-install updated yesterday.
> >
> > I've noted that there can be links to a web page in a man page that are
> > underscored if you click on them while reading the man page, but
> > clicking
> > the link does not do anything.  Is it supposed to send the default
> > browser to that page? If so, where should I check for the broken
> > linkage?
> Hi. Well, you need to install whatever the terminal program calls to
> implement this functionality (plus a default browser obviously).
> Possibly 'xdg-open' utility in the 'xdg-utils' package. Works here.
> It might need configuration, I can't remember. Try it and see.
>
> .
That is installed, but I can't find a configurator for it.  And I am a heavy
user of mc but the file menu popup steals the F10 key, also a pita. But
there is not an F10 checked in the settings for xfce or konsole that I can
find.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis