Re: [SOLVED] Re: Firefox: Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead for the USPS.com

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 08:43:23AM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 06:10:48 +0100
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 04:05:11PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > One way "to combine DoH with resolving 14,000 addresses to 127.0.0.1"
> > > is by using Pi-hole. Some people have *millions* of domains blacklisted
> > > in Pi-hole:
> >
> > Pi-hole won't help unles it also does HTTPS proxying (that means it
> > would have to play MITM). As far as I know it "just" does conventional
> > DNS proxying (which is a great thing to do, mind you).
>
> Why won't it help? What won't it help with?

(See also Dan's response: it seems that a compliant DoH client first
sends a local DNS request first, so you might have a handle through
this)

With this caveat: how would you intercept a DNS request over HTTPS if
not by proxying HTTPS traffic? And that is exactly what MITM means.

Cheers