Re: brltty=huge distraction for folks that don't need it.

On Sunday, January 2, 2022 9:54:29 PM EST David Wright wrote:
> On Sun 02 Jan 2022 at 17:53:19 (-0500), gene heskett wrote:
> > Without any conscious prompting by me, te debian 11.1 netinstall for
> > x86-64 systems installed and setup whatever was needed to bring the
> > screen reader to life.
>
> I think it's happened to you before, in May 2019. Was something
> plugged in when you installed your OS, that was misidentified?

That is a possibility I suppose as there are, and were then too at least 10
usb devices plugged in 100% of the time, keyboard & mouse both wireless, 2
printers then, 1 left is an MFC so its a scanner too, a ups, a CM11a, two
cameras (one is a movie w/firewire) and 7 other machines on net cables. That
lis is incomplete so who knows what might be miss-id'd.

> Of course, there's always the second item on the installer's main
> menu: "Access software for a blind person using a braille display".
> I assume you didn't press that accidentally.

You assume correctly.

> Cheers,
> David.
>
> .