Re: Hyper-typematic and Firefox responsiveness in Weston.

Stefan & all,

    From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
    Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 16:23:10 -0500
> I haven't and haven't heard of other people experiencing this until the
> above message.

I'm still curious about adoption of Wayland/Weston by people reading
here.  Does anyone use Weston routinely?  Start Weston, try one or a
few applications briefly and return to X?

> I suggest you file a bug report.

Well yes.  Did my duty this week with a report against udev. Next week
I might report the problem with X.  While Weston remains so slow, it
will be a very low priority.

Incidentally, a little progress with X.  In my usage, X begins with
multiple desktops.  Default behaviour here; I didn't choose it.  A
spontaneous switch to an empty desktop leaves a display which is
completely black for OpenBox; mostly black when a desktop environment
is present.  In the desktop environment the toolbar has an icon
allowing reversion to the working desktop.  Annoying but not critical.

In OpenBox the black screen was puzzling until I noticed that MM gives
a desktop switch menu. Reverting to the working desktop is simple
enough.  =8~)  (MM = middle mouse)

Multiple desktops is a cute embellishment  =8~|  but the installation
default should be a single desktop.  Let the user add desktops
according to taste.

Regards,                             ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140