Re: using intel i5 freqency governors

> I get 'powersave' as default too. According to the ArchWiki site [1]
> modern Intel CPUs use the intel_pstate driver which selects 'powersave'
> by default, and it goes on to say:
>
>    The intel_pstate driver supports only two governors: powersave and
>    performance. Although they share the name with the generic
>    governors, they do not work in the same way as the generic
>    governors.

Hmm... on my machine I don't have the `intel_pstate` loaded, apparently.
Doing `modprobe intel_pstate` does nothing (no output, no error, nothing
in `dmesg` either).  Maybe my i3-4170 CPU is too old and it silently
bows out (and then some other part of the default config favors
`schedutil` over `powersave` when intel_pstate is not in use)?

        Stefan