Re: How to cause a process started in .xsessionrc to terminate with x-session termination?

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 09:46:24PM +0100, Arkadiusz Dabrowski wrote:
> Unfortunately, the solution with .xsession file doesn't work.
> I resorted to something very simplistic:
>
> <begin-of-the-file>
> exec /usr/bin/marco
> <EOF>
>
> Note: I use mate desktop with marco wm.

I doubt very much that this is the correct command for starting MATE.
Unfortunately, I am not a MATE user, so I don't know what the correct
command *is*.  But this doesn't look like it'll be the one.

Have you considered using my suggestion?  Put these two lines in .xsession:

. /etc/X11/Xsession
pkill unison

Keep your .xsessionrc which starts the unison program.  (Or you could
move it here, later, but for now I'm simply trying to do the bare
minimum needed to achieve a working setup.)

> Started with "exec" according to Debian documentation:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Xsession

You're cargo-culting stuff with zero understanding.  That's not going
to help.

If you don't know how shell scripts work, if you don't know what the
"exec" command does... then this is going to be quite difficult for you.