Re: How to rotate screen AND input (consistently)

Le sam. 20 nov. 2021 à 13:03, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> a écrit :
riveravaldez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm on Debian 11 in a ThinkPad X220 Tablet (convertible)
> and I need to rotate the display (both physically and GUI)
> which I do with:
>
> $ xrandr --output LVDS-1 --rotate inverted
>
> But then the input (trackpad/mouse, stylus, touchscreen, etc.)
> doesn't rotate accordingly, so it gets unusable...

Right, because for most cases, rotating a monitor doesn't mean
picking up your mouse and rotating it, too.

If you've got an external mouse, you'll see that works just
fine, but that defeats the point of a tablet.

> I've been reading different recommendations online
> but can't figure out which would be the best/proper/simpler
> approach to achieve this reliably (that hardware input
> stays consistent with the GUI in display when rotated).
>
> What should I do? Any hint?

I haven't done this, but I believe xinput is going to be your
friend. It can list devices, list properties, and set whatever
needs to be set.

    I do something like that. In my script the two corresponding
  lines are:

TOUCHPAD=`xinput --list --short | grep Synaptics | grep -i pointer | sed -e 's/.*id=//' -e 's/[^0-9].*//'`
xinput set-prop $TOUCHPAD 169 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

    169 is the "coordinate transformation matrix" for my touchpad.

        Hope this helps,

             Loïc