How to rotate screen AND input (consistently)

Hi,

I'm on Debian 11 in a ThinkPad X220 Tablet (convertible)
and I need to rotate the display (both physically and GUI)
which I do with:

$ xrandr --output LVDS-1 --rotate inverted

But then the input (trackpad/mouse, stylus, touchscreen, etc.)
doesn't rotate accordingly, so it gets unusable...

I've been reading different recommendations online
but can't figure out which would be the best/proper/simpler
approach to achieve this reliably (that hardware input
stays consistent with the GUI in display when rotated).

What should I do? Any hint?

Thanks a lot!