Re: Mouse locator

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 06:51:04AM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 07:56:42 -0500
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

The first thing that comes to mind is always using a larger
pointer -- the size and shape are configurable in most systems.

big-cursor provides even larger cursors.

A red cursor also helps. Install xcursor-themes and select the redglass
theme. On XFCE, you can adjust the pointer size. I usually set mine to
36 points. <right click on desktop> -> Applications -> Settings ->
Mouse & Touchpad -> Themes.

Last year I changed my mouse pointer to be huge and (coincidentally)
red: I cloned the classic Commodore Amiga Workbench 1.3-era mouse
pointer and scaled it up 8 times from the original size. It's so useful
I couldn't go back to a regular-sized pointer!

	<https://jmtd.net/log/amiga_pointer/>
	(instructions in a comment)

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.