Re: Service stuck at shutdown

Le 11/11/2021 à 17:55, Erwan David a écrit :
Le 11/11/2021 à 06:16, David Wright a écrit :
A workaround that might shorten the wait, but only if you're confident
that there aren't processes that need that long to complete, is to edit
the line   DefaultTimeoutStopSec=90s   in /etc/systemd/system.conf to
something smaller.

Cheers,
David.

I do not know : I was not even aware that kde was using dconf.

From what I could see, it seems that kded5 starts dconf-service at end of session, I presume to save some settings (but which one s ?) and something fails

would it help to remove the ~/.config/dconf/user file when kde is not running ? The /etc/dconf/db directory is empty.

I do not understand what dconf-editor shows me.

Sould I file a bug report to dconf-service or kded5 ?

I tried removung the file, works once, but nort more. since deconf-service(1) says it is crash proof I added an override to dconf.service unit :

TimeoutStopFailureMode=kill
TimeoutStopSec=10s