Re: Graphic rendering problem

On 03.11.21 at 10:36 lina wrote:

> # lspci | grep VGA
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK208B [GeForce GT
> 730] (rev a1)
>
> I don't know which package I should install to match this graphic card.

You probably use at this moment the free nouveau driver, which
unfortunately does not support nVidia cards very well in most cases
(inferior acceleration, no power management, lacking features...)

This card should be well supported by the proprietary, binary-only
driver from nVidia, which is available for easy installation in the
Debian non-free package "nvidia-driver". You might have to enable the
"non-free" section in your sources.list first.

>     > I have a problem with the opening of Scribus, it is not specific
>     towards
>     > Scribus since I also have problems using other graphic viewers such as
>     > Gaussian view.
>
>     > Something related to my graphic rendering but I don't know how to
>     check,

Please elaborate on that. What is the problem?

Regards,
Christian