Re: which package is good for making poster

On 11/2/21, David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 at 20:46, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have to prepare a poster,
>>
>> I wonder which package is good for this work,
>> I can print it out in several papers and attach them together later.
>
> Hi, I would use 'inkscape'. It is very capable for vector graphics.
> Sadly it does not support automatic slicing of a large image
> into multiple small images, but that can be achieved manually
> with a small effort as shown here:
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-i9qxDGfo

Inkscape appears to be pretty powerful when one knows how to use it.
It's always added to my setups even though I barely touch it. Just
waiting for time to follow a good how-to step by step.

I just tried an "apt-cache search poster" query. Received "poster" and
"shanty" back. Mentioning in case someone knows of them or can help
test drive them for informational purposes. They appear to be command
line tools, and both have manpages for flags and such.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey
* runs with birdseed *