Re: support for xfce in bullseye minimal netinst iso

On Jo, 16 sep 21, 14:04:05, Brian wrote:
> On Thu 16 Sep 2021 at 10:48:02 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > On Jo, 16 sep 21, 05:06:02, Sriram wrote:
> > >  Hi Team
> > > i have tried to install the minimal iso file yesterday , but Network
> > > Manager is not installing, also build-essentials not there for
> > > building the xfce tar files
> > > i tried to install the Network manager deb file but it required so
> > > many dependencies, i managed to install except one deb filecalled
> > > glib , not sure which package it contains
> > > can some one help as to what are the required dependent deb files
> > > for Network Manager as well as build-essentials
> >
> > How exactly are you trying to install them?
> >
> > With a properly configured Debian connected to the internet all you need
> > is (as root):
> >
> >     apt update
> >     apt install network-manager-gnome build-essentials
> >

> > If you get any errors for this please copy-paste the full output as well
> > as the output of `apt policy`.
>
> build-essential, I think (no "s").

Yes, your're right, and apt's error message is hopefully informative
enough:

$ LANG=C.UTF-8 sudo apt install build-essentials
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package build-essentials

> Why Sriram needs to build any xfce packages is beyond me.

This looks very much like an XY problem (sigh).

Kind regards,
Andrei