Re: grub-install Cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdXY

Hi Andrei,

thanks for your reply. I tried both /dev/sda and /dev/sda2. I ended up solving the problem by making a total of three partitions: A small one for EFI, another one for /boot, and the encrypted main partition. Small snag was that the Debian installer cannot be persuaded to install the grub EFI into the EFI partition on the mobile disk but on the one in the built-in disk. But that was easily fixed by by mounting the mobile EFI partition, correcting /sys/fstab and re-installing grub and kernel.