Re: Debian 11, Nvidia Quadro P400, 2xiiyama 2560x1440, nvidia driver

On Mon, 6 Sep 2021, Felix Miata wrote:

Roger Price composed on 2021-09-06 22:39 (UTC+0200):
Felix Miata wrote:

The in-use X/display driver:
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: modesetting

Available, but not in-use, X/display drivers:
unloaded: fbdev,vesa

Unloaded X/display could have listed also nouveau, but didn't because
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau was not installed.

Modesetting is the default X/display driver, which generally will not be used if
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau is installed. Modesetting is newer technology than the
reverse-engineered xserver-xorg-video-nouveau.

Which "nouveau" did you determine to be not ready for a >3 year old P400?

Sorry, I missed your message.

By "not ready" I meant an incomprehensible jumble which I didn't note in detail. I now suspect that the Quadro P400 card has problems, but I don't have a second card to substitute as a test.

Currently installed:
 xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:1.0.17-1
 libdrm-nouveau2            2.4.104-1

Roger