Debian 11, Nvidia Quadro P400, 2xiiyama 2560x1440, nvidia driver

Debian 11, Nvidia Quadro P400 card, 2xiiyama 2560x1440 monitors, and the nvidia driver.

I am trying to get 2 iiyama monitors rotated to portrait mode to show a single 2880x2560 screen, but so far only the left monitor lights up with a 1440x2560 screen.

The Quadro P400 has 3 mini-DisplayPort connectors numbered 1, 2 and 3 starting from the motherboard.
                      ,-------------------,
                DP-4  3                   |
 Right monitor  DP-0  2   Quadro P400     |
 Left monitor   DP-2  1                   |
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Motherboard

xrandr reports that these ports are seen as 1 -> DP-2, 2 -> DP-0, 3 -> DP-4.

I connect mini-DisplayPort 1 (DP-2) to the left side monitor and mini-DisplayPort 2 (DP-0) to the right monitor. There is nothing connected to port 3. I used nvidia-select to try to set up the screen. This produces a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf in which I have

screen 0:
 Option    "metamodes" "DP-2: nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {rotation=left}"

screen 1:
 Option    "metamodes" "DP-0: nvidia-auto-select +1440+0 {rotation=left, AllowGSYNC=Off}"

This uses only the left monitor.  The right is not even powered on.

Before I plunge into the details, does anyone have a working xorg.conf for such a setup? I would prefer to start with something that works rather than describe in detail something that doesn't work.

Roger

Quadro P400 data sheet:
https://www.nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/design-visualization/productspage/quadro/quadro-desktop/quadro-pascal-p400-data-sheet-us-nv-704503-r1.pdf