Re: support for xfce in bullseye minimal netinst iso

On Ma, 14 sep 21, 18:55:20, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 14 Sep 2021 at 16:50:15 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > On Ma, 14 sep 21, 12:27:34, Joe wrote:
> > >
> > > I will soon be installing unstable starting from a console-only
> > > bullseye, upgrading at that point and only then loading what I want,
> > > including GUI and Xfce.
> >
> > The mini.iso can be used to install unstable directly.
>
> I have used this technique many times over ethernet. It deserves to be
> more widely known.

Meybe the mini.iso deserves a dedicated page in the Wiki or something.

It's the only image I know of that can:

 * install unstable directly

 * install to the same storage device it is (was) on

   (very convenient for installs on brand new systems or USB storage)

As mentioned in another thread, it also provides a partition to copy any
necessary firmware[1], so it should cover just about every installation
need provided the network interface is supported.

Did I mention the size is just 48 Mib (74 if you want a graphical
install) for bullseye, amd64?

[1] the big .tar.gz or just individual packages if you know exactly
which ones you need.

Kind regards,
Andrei