Re: copy directory tree, mapping to new owners

Hi Curt,

12 sept. 2021, 16:23 de curty@free.fr:

> On 2021-09-12, l0f4r0@tuta.io <l0f4r0@tuta.io> wrote:
>
>> In my opinion, trailing slash doesn't matter for destination folder on
>> the contrary of *source* folder.
>>
> It makes a difference when the source is a file and the destination
> directory is inexistant, because in that case a copy of $file named
> $destination will be created, which is not what you want here.

I think it is probably not applicable here for the OP (it's a directory) but thanks for this special use case :)

This explanation is given in the aforementioned `--mkpath` switch by the way.

The moral is: Pay attention to the single one character you type on the command line!
Best regards,
l0f4r0