Re: Help to let not disappear menu bar on Debian Buster

On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 12:00:22 +0200 (CEST)
frantal@libero.it wrote:

> A friend has installed Debian Buster with XFCE on his pc and each
> time the menu bar at the bottom center and top disappears. Is there a
> way to ensure that it never disappears?
>
> Since every time I have to go to his house to restart XFCE.

I'm not sure what you mean by "disappears".

XFCE refers to the bars at top and bottom as "panels", so that's what
I'll call them. If you go to panel settings (right click on desktop ->
settings -> panel), you will see for each panel the Display tab. In
that tab is the option to automatically hide the panel always,
intelligently, or never. If that is set to always, the panel will
disappear when you aren't using it.

Hiding means that the panel is reduced to a few pixels at the edge of
the screen. To recover the panel temporarily, hover the mouse pointer
over those few pixels, i.e. very close to the edge of the screen.

Or go to the setting, and change it to never or intelligently.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/