Re: How to improve my question in stackoverflow?

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 08:41:02AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> The original mail was a passable MIME multipart/alternative
> with a plain text part. I /think/ that is OK, what do others
> think?

See below.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 08:25:05AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 04:27:01PM -0600, William Torrez Corea wrote:
> > *Book.cpp*

> > <fstream>#include <algorithm>using namespace std;
>
> The line above looks very strange. Usually there is one #include
> directive per line. Something seems broken with your "book".

What's broken, I'm almost certain, is that this mega-line was
generated by a malformed HTML to text conversion.

In the general case, sure, it's not *terrible* if someone sends
multi-part text + HTML messages to the mailing list.  But this breaks
down in some cases, and causes the text part of the message to be
mangled.  Sometimes the readers will be able to discern this, and
figure out what the text was supposed to look like.  Other times, we
cannot.

So, the *best* thing to do would be to send plain text only.

The second best thing is to send mixed text and HTML, and try your
hardest to apply whatever heuristics and hacks you can think of to
make the text part as readable as possible.

The second-worst thing you can do is to send HTML only.

The absolute worst thing you can do is send HTML (with or without text)
and then act all arrogant and haughty, demanding that the entire
mailing list community conform to your personal whims.  (William did
not do this, as far as I know, but there was a recent poster who did.)