Re: /usr/sbin/reboot: disabled in systemd-nspawn container

On 2021-09-04 at 13:20, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 12:54:35PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> Greg Wooledge [2021-09-04 11:35:25] wrote:
>> >
>> > That's not normal for a bullseye system using systemd for init.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>> > I'm not sure what you did or how your system got into this state.
>>
>> Maybe
>>
>>     dpkg -S /sbin/reboot /usr/sbin/reboot
>>
>> could give us a clue?
>
> From the other part of the thread, it looks like they installed a
> package from a different operating system.  One that interfered with
> the Debian init system.
>
> This is why we tell people: NEVER mix packages from different operating
> systems.  Especially low-level ones like systemd.

Based on what I read of the thread, that package is
progress-linux-container.

$ apt-cache policy progress-linux-container
progress-linux-container:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 20210101-2
  Version table:
     20210101-2 900
        800 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable/main amd64 Packages
        800 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable/main i386 Packages
        900 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
        900 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing/main i386 Packages

progress-linux-container is a package in Debian, and at least at a
glance, is apparently meant for installing on a Debian system. (Or else
it made it from the downstream distribution into upstream Debian by
mistake, somehow.)

It's just not meant for installing on a host system; it's meant for
installing only inside a container.

What resulted in it being installed in the OP's case is unclear (the OP
has said he doesn't know), but at least at a glance it doesn't look like
this is a case of mixing different operating systems, unless I'm
misunderstanding what you mean by that.

--
   The Wanderer