icewm anomaly after bullseye upgrade

Here's what I have onboard now after upgrading to bullseye:

cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="11"
VERSION="11 (bullseye)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=debian

I have never had a situation wherein the number of workspaces in the taskbar was _not_ determined by the contents of the line:

WorkspaceNames= " Web ", " Term ", " VNC ", etc.

in ~/.icewm/preferences. The pkgs now installed are:

$ dpkg -l |grep icewm
ii icewm 2.1.2-1 amd64 wonderful Win95-OS/2-Motif-like window manager ii icewm-common 2.1.2-1 amd64 wonderful Win95-OS/2-Motif-like window manager

In order to access workspaces not displayed in the taskbar I must have recourse to the Window List Menu button on the extreme left side ot the task bar.

Thoughts?

--
...a society must incorporate the rationalizing
power symbolized by scientific knowledge, for

Holton, Gerald. 1985. On the Integrity of
Science: The Issues Since Bronowski. Leonardo
18 (4), Special Issue: Jacob Bronowski: A
Retrospective (1985): 229-232.