Re: amdgpu broken on bookworm?

On 2021-09-01 at 11:30, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 01, 2021 10:38:22 AM Andrew M.A. Cater
> wrote:
>
>> The end result was that Debian jumped straight to 1.1 and a new
>> thing - a codename (Buzz) because the then DPL (Bruce Perens)
>> worked for Pixar.
>
> Just out of curiosity, I'm missing the significance of the then DPL
> (Bruce Perens) working for Pixar -- would something different have
> happened if he worked somewhere else?  Or ?

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, the significance is that the Pixar
connection is why "buzz" was the codename that was chosen - and why
every single Debian release codename since then has also been the name
of a character from the Toy Story series.

I think this might have been slightly clearer if the grouping etc.
punctuation had been different. The best I've come up with on short
notice is something more like:

>>> The end result was that Debian jumped straight to 1.1 and a new
>>> thing: a codename (Buzz, because the then DPL - Bruce Perens -
>>> worked for Pixar).

That's probably not enough of an improvement in clarity etc. to justify
the energy and attention *I*'ve spent on it, however, never mind the
same from Andrew.

--
   The Wanderer