Re: Issue with widgets and dbus in LxQT/LXDE

On Mi, 25 aug 21, 20:13:23, Hans wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> maybe someone can help me. Since months I have the following issue:
>
> When I am starting LXDE or LXQT the very first time, several widgets in the tray (like
> battery check and others) do not start.
>
> When I log out then and restart LXDE or LXQT, everything is working fine.

Please specify if this is buster or bullseye.

> So I believe, this may just be a timing problem with dbus.

Why do you believe this?

> This behaviour appears on my EEEPC (which is slow), but also on my
> Acer Notebook (which is fast).

For what it's worth LXDE works fine for me on buster, Acer Chromebook
R13 (slow ARM processor).

> I checked the logs, and I can see in the logs, that there is a difference between both
> starts. You can see, there is a timeout. Here is an extraction from the log (2 times starting
> LXQT).
>
> As you can see, there are several timeouts at Aug 19:39:04. (Please excuse, if the log is
> too long):

If anything, it is too short, it stops at 19:39:01.

> Aug 25 19:39:01 localhost dbus-daemon[5638]: [session uid=1000
> pid=5638] Activating service name='ca.desrt.dconf'

Also, please try to keep long lines as they are, or just attach the file
(gzipped if too big). Yes, the list accepts small-ish attachments.

To debug this I would first check .xsession-errors and also try starting
X manually via `startx` from a console (in case there are some error
messages on the console, and to rule out the display manager). If LXDE
is not your default X session you might need to use `startlxde` instead
of `startx`.

Any customization that you might have done to your X session would be
useful to know, i.e. contents of .xsessionrc, etc.

Kind regards,
Andrei