Re: How i can optimize my operating system?

<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 04:44:52AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> A revolt I started at my place in 1998 when I built my first "PC" and=20
>> installed Red Hat 5.0 on it [...]
>
>:-)
>
> About the time I had my first Linux (perhaps mine was a tad earlier:
> I think RH wasn't around yet; Yggdrasil was a thing. My first distro
> was SLS, on 30 diskettes. I bought the 386 DX40 with 4 MB (!) RAM
> explicitly for that.
>
> Times, them ;-)
>
> Nice to watch how things and undergrounds change over time, anyway.

  yes.  :)

  my first boot of linux was sometime before 1996 but i can't
say exactly when or what version it was.

  it came on two of the 3.5 inch floppy drive disks.

  i had a Zenith Z-Note back then, i386 it didn't even have a
math co-processor, my checkbook register shows i bought that
in July of '92.

  i booted it, played around for a few minutes and then that
was it.  while i had plenty of unix experience from computer
labs i didn't have any real reason to do anything with it for
home use.  i was mainly using the notebook for e-mail and
usenet and that was all on Win3.1

  i didn't start using linux and Debian on a daily basis
until sometime around slink or potato.  by then i had bought
a new Dell desktop computer (which i'm using the case from
for this computer).  i still had a booting win98 and winEXP
for some time after that but as time moved on i got things
switched over from Multiplan and a few other things i no
longer cared much about.

  songbird