Re: How i can optimize my operating system?

On Friday 12 March 2021 03:36:03 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 03:32:28AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 12 March 2021 03:27:22 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [Facebook renegades]
>
> > > We (three?)  are the invisible Internet Underground \o/
> >
> > I make 4 Tomas, but I frankly don't care who you tell.
>
> What? A start of a revolt?

A revolt I started at my place in 1998 when I built my first "PC" and
installed Red Hat 5.0 on it. There's a bounty on winderzs at my place, I
always have a current debian based dvd handy to install a real OS on
anything that crosses into my domain.

I came up to computers with an RCA Super Elf with an RBA 1802 cpu in
1978, bought the kids a timex about the same time, made a detour to a TI
99-4A, but found my salvation in the moto 6809 and an os running on a
TRS-80 Color Computer called OS-9 at the time, a mini-unix thar ran fine
in 64k of memory. Then had a full blown amiga for several years before I
built that PC. Getting ready to retire but knowing I would be playing
visiting fireman at other broadcast facilities also owned by a good but
now departed friend, I bought an hp lappy in 2002, took me about a week
to put Mandrake on it because the xp it came with couldn't make the
hardware or radio network work.

Today I own one copy of win 10 home because its gfx will display a smith
chart of an AM tower for a piece of test gear I own, called a Vector
Network Analyzer. Win 10 is an improvement over xp, but its still the
clunkyist os around, linux runs with far more security, smoother and I'm
the boss, not some SOB in Redmond that had the chutspah to call me a
pie-rat because I was pissed their network drivers didn't work.

Now that same SOB wants to kill off most of the planets population,
saying its about the right balance at 250-300 million.

I thought it should be fixed under warranty, my mistake. Mandrake did
make it all work.

I am enough of a JOAT I don't buy the extended warranty.  Hell, at my
age, I don't even buy green bananas. Besides that, way too much suger
for this aging and fading diabetic.

Take care, Tomas and stay safe and well.

> :^)
>
> Cheers
>  -  t

Cheers, Gene Heskett