Re: Open source Atheros wifi? (ath10k)

On Du, 17 ian 21, 12:43:26, Darac Marjal wrote:

> In theory, I imagine it would be possible to make some sort of hook for
> apt here. That is, in the same way that apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges
> fire off before apt runs and as "Are you still sure you want to install
> these packages?", it might be possible to do the same with vrms.
>
> Oh, yes, here's a wishlist bug from 2014 requesting this functionality:

A slightly different approach (Bcc'd to the bug):

    Explanation: disable automatic installation of packages from non-free
    Package: *
    Pin: release c=non-free
    Pin-Priority: -1

    Explanation: allow installation and updates (USB ethernet adapter)
    Package: firmware-realtek
    Pin: release *
    Pin-Priority: 100

Kind regards,