Open source Atheros wifi? (ath10k)

I have a laptop with a QCA9377 Atheros AC wifi card. When I install debian 10.7 amd64 I get a warning about missing non-free firmware and the wifi doesn't work. It was my understanding that ath10k was open source and included in linux. Is this not the case?

If not is there any wireless AC card that doesn't require binary drivers? And barring that, what is the best wifi(N?) card I can buy that doesn't require closed source drivers/firmware?

--
Steven Mainor