Re: jupyter-notebook and bullseye

	Hi.

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 01:35:47PM -0700, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Reco wrote on 12/17/21 6:10 AM:
> > 	Hi.
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 12:43:51PM -0700, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > > FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/bin/python'
> > > Can someone suggest how I might get back to the fully-working set of kernels that I had in buster?
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > apt install python-is-python3
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> That was certainly a help (although I wonder why it was necessary for me to do that manually),

It's official Debian policy now, believe it or not.
python 2.x is /usr/bin/python2.
python 3.x is /usr/bin/python3.

If the user really wants /usr/bin/python the user should install
python-is-python2 or python-is-python3. And these two packages conflict
with each other.

> but ultimately I am still unable to do anything.

I'm not familiar with jupyter and I'm not using it.

What I do know is:
a) /usr/bin/python was python 2.x in Debian 10.
b) Python 2.x and python 3.x modules are not compatible nor they are
interchangeable.

Judging from [1], you're required to reinstall all these "jupyter
kernels", because what you have was installed for python2, but what you
need is to install them for python3.

But then again, I could be wrong. Sorry, cannot help you further.

Reco

[1] https://github.com/takluyver/bash_kernel