Re: udev applied to SDHC card. Two systems compared.

    From: "Alexander V. Makartsev" <avbetev@gmail.com>
    Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 22:16:04 +0500
> It is always better to make udev rules to identify target devices properly.

Thanks Alexander.  Definitely my intention.

'KERNEL=="sd?1"' identifies two volumes, /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1.

/dev/sda1 is approximately 6 GB.  'ATTR{size}=="7434240"'
distinguishes the SD card from the HDD.  Therefore 'KERNEL=="sd?1",
ATTR{size}=="7434240"' should identify the SD volume uniquely.

> ... impossible to answer that question without actually looking at
> these systems.

Right oh.  "udevadm info" shows that udev identifies the device. The
failure isn't in identification.  With configuration paralleling the
SD card, a Kingston USB stick works in both systems .  Something
peculiar about the SD card. I need to work on that.

Thanks again,                            ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140