Re: Identity Theft

On 2021-12-21, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is a known thing (a telephone intercept of a cell phone call), I have
> found nothing so far about such a thing happening with a VOIP phone or land
> line.

It's a known thing to dial one number and reach another? Can you provide
a link? What do you mean by intercept? In any case, I doubt enormously
that anything of the kind happened to me; when I successfully contacted
my party in the US via an 877 number, I was told there was a snafu
concerning their direct line, a *general* one affecting many customers
(who all heard the Englishwoman's recorded voice), as if we might still
be in the days of telephone exchanges and manual service and some
operator was plugging the ringing cord into an erroneously labelled jack
(so instead of connecting people to Major Financial Institution
Department 22 people were connected to Bristol Furniture and Storage).