Re: all of a sudden I have no sound

Jude DaShiell wrote:
> it would be nice if pulseaudio say in pavucontrol would get a find my
> speakers button which would try what it thinks is a speaker andput a
> message on the screen asking if the user heard some music.  If the answer
> is no, move onto the next speaker.

It would be nice if, for example, it remembered the way that you
wanted a system to be rather than recalculating it every time a
device changes state. If I turn off the home theater receiver
connected to my media server via HDMI, PulseAudio decides that
it can't be used, so it helpfully switches over to another audio
output device. When I turn the receiver back on, PulseAudio does
not switch back to it automatically.

The present case is probably similar: PA decided something was
unplugged, switched to a different sink, and did not bring it
back when it was "replugged".

-dsr-