Re: How to get linux headers or source code for debian 8.0 kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64 ?

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 at 03:18, Kiyanovski, Arthur <akiyano@amazon.com> wrote:

> TL;DR - How do I get the Linux headers or source code for kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64 Debian 8.0?

The version number of a Debian kernel package is not the same
thing as the version number of the kernel that it contains.

For example, here is what I see on the system I am running
here today:

$ dpkg -l | grep linux-image
ii  linux-image-5.10.0-8-amd64           5.10.46-5
         amd64        Linux 5.10 for 64-bit PCs (signed)
$ uname -r
5.10.0-8-amd64
$ uname -v
#1 SMP Debian 5.10.46-5 (2021-09-23)

So, to know your kernel version, you need to ask
the system for 'uname -v'.

And then you can use that to search for the
kernel source package here:
  https://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/
and then click on the link there to find the
binary package with the headers.