Re: changed file while editing

On 12/11/21 3:24 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2021-12-11 at 18:20, Greg Wooledge wrote:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 05:18:32PM -0500, Roy J. Tellason, Sr.
wrote:

On Saturday 11 December 2021 02:39:06 pm David Wright wrote:

Another facility that I don't use is "click-to-focus", because I
prefer to focus a window just by shoving the mouse inside it (no
precision required).

I prefer this as well.  Where is this set?

It's a feature of your window manager.  Some WMs offer it, and some
do not.  Some offer multiple modes, and you can configure things to
use the mode you prefer.

It's specific to your WM.  How you configure it (if there is any
choice) is specific to your WM.  Could be a thing you click, could be
a line you put into a text config file, could be *anything*.

FWIW in case it helps in looking: in my limited experience with
configuring and reading about this feature, it's tended to be formally
called "focus follows mouse" or "focus follows pointer".

See Xfce Applications Menu -> Settings -> Windows Manager -> Focus -> Focus model. There are two choices:

* Click to focus (what I use)
* Focus follows mouse

There is a slider "Delay before window receives focus". I leave that at default (~15%).

David