RE: DHCP server for other site

Hi,

> I want to move my DHCP servers to my datacenter as I am going to shut down the hypervisor hosts on some locations.
[...]
> And as that is the only interface for the VM the dhcp software wil fail to start.
> So my solution was to add a few lines to the config

> shared-network datacenter.tio.nl {
>   subnet 10.0.1.0 netmask 255.255.254.0 {
>   }
> }

> Is this the recommended way or is there a better way? I want to keep one dhcp server per location and not have one dhcp server for all locations. That helps a lot with keeping the configs manageable. ;-)

And an update. It seems this dhcp server is reacting to requests on the local network even though there is no config to do so.
I see DHCPINFORM and DHCPACK lines for the local 10.0.1.0 network.
Why is that happening? Is it just parroting what the other authoritative dhcp server is sending on the network?

Bonno Bloksma
senior systeembeheerder