Re: Debian and FSF docs (was: Man pages for gcc)

On Vi, 10 dec 21, 17:17:24, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 12:41:01PM +0100, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > At the very least Debian could split non-free into sections or add more
> > areas (non-free firmware being another obvious candidate for splitting
> > out).
> >

> Do wait a little while and there may well ba e GR to that effect.

I guessed something like this might happen based on Steve's mail to
-vote ;)

As much as I hate to admit it, the free installer is at the moment a
major hurdle to new Debian users, but I'm also not convinced a general
exception for all (distributable) firmware is necessarily the right
answer either.

Let's see what the Project decides.

Kind regards,
Andrei