Re: Reboot hangs on Debian 11: gnome-session-manager@gnome.service: Failed with result 'timeout'

On Jo, 09 dec 21, 21:33:29, Tobias Boesch wrote:
> Hello Debian Team,
>
> I would like to report a bug at Debian, but I don't know which package
> I should use for the report. Please help me categorise this problem.
>
> I run Debian 11 with systemd (247.3-6) and I experience services
> timeouts after inatalling nVidia drivers from the debian repos (not the
> nVidia installer) very often (details follow).
> I think Debian uses gnome-session in version 3.38.
> (https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/gnome-session)
> When nVidia is uninstalled it seems these delays are gone (I cannot
> test for a whole day but I tested shutdowns/reboots a few times)

It's pretty clear the nvidia package is somehow involved, so it's
probably fine to start with a report against it.

The Maintainer will reassign as needed in case it turns out it isn't the
cause.

Please do make sure you are using reportbug with the correct package
name. This will ensure the report is sent to the correct place and will
include possibly very important information about the package and your
system.

Kind regards,
Andrei