Re: Firefox ESR EOL

On 2021-12-09 19:09 UTC+0100, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2021, 7:01 AM Christian Britz <cbritz@t-online.de
> <mailto:cbritz@t-online.de>> wrote:
>
>     Security is the reason why I download and install browser and mail
>     client directly from the vendor, not Debian repositories.
>

> And you may have heard yesterday a young woman on a separate thread
> advised NOT to do that. With an audio package IIRC. On general Debian
> administration and package management grounds.. No one corrected that
> statement later.

I read it and I don't care about that questionable absolute statement. I
am using Debian about 20 years now and of course it runs well together
with external software, if you know what you are doing.

I dfinitely won't put my system on risk by using outdated browser and
mail client packages full of security holes.

Best Regards,
Christian