Re: Firefox ESR EOL

I am testing Bookworm now, both on xfce and lxde.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 8:01 AM Christian Britz <cbritz@t-online.de> wrote:
Security is the reason why I download and install browser and mail
client directly from the vendor, not Debian repositories.

For Chromium the situation is (was) even worse IIRC.

Indeed.   Apt "politely" told me that chromium was "replaced" by chromium-bsu, an Arcade Shoot-em-up Game!  :-)

 > Am 09.12.21 um 11:12 schrieb piorunz:

<snip>

> Firefox 91 should migrate to Stable as soon as possible, otherwise we
> risk unpatched security vulnerabilities being present in Debian Stable,
> there are several of them already.
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/firefox-esr

(Obviously, Bookworm comes before Bullseye in this Process).

To test Firefox 91 in Bookworm, can I use *one* Repository in Unstable, as an "unofficial Backports"?  (And then only install Firefox 91 from there)?

Thanks in advance,

Kenneth Parker