Re: Debian 11.1.0 LXDE does not mount smart phone properly

On 12/5/21, Beta Tester <alpha-beta-release@gmx.net> wrote:
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> i don't have an idea which packages are involved to this bug:
>
> i have a strange behavior with Debian Live 11.1.0 amd64 LXDE iso, when i try
> to mount my Android 11 smart phone plugged in via USB.
>
> (...)
>
> when i use the Debian Live 11.1.0. amd64 Cannamon iso, i can always mount my
> android smart phon successfully - there it doesn't matter what sequence is
> use, it always succeeds.
> (...)

Hi, could you check if the file manager is the same in both editions
(LXDE/Cinnamon)?

I'm under the suspicion that for LXDE you have PCManFM but for Cinnamon maybe
you have another, and I'm also under the suspicion that PCManFM has some kind of
issue that makes necessary to restart it in order to avoid that
problem with smartphone
mounting.

Sorry if this is not related. Best of lucks!