Re: SD card, exfat, file mtime wrong

On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 at 13:38, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

> It appears that mount(8) and/or the exfat driver consider the mtime to
> be in UTC, and are applying my timezone adjustment of -08:00 hours (?).

In idle curiosity I spent a few seconds searching and will share what
I found in case it might be useful.

Apparently vfat has mount options to work around this, maybe
exfat does?

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/filesystems/vfat.html

And some details about exfat, and kernel timezone awareness.

https://www.sans.org/blog/exfat-file-system-time-zone-concerns/
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/640555/vfat-linux-invalid-file-timestamps-shown-after-a-reboot

Hope this helps, I have nothing further to add.